Friday, June 8, 2012

The easiest, most fabulous Chocolate Cake

I think the most universal attribute of all people is a love for chocolate. Now, I will admit that I'm not obsessed with chocolate like most people - give me some salty tortilla chips and a loaded baked potato and I'm yours! - but I still can appreciate chocolate. Kylie (my self proclaimed center of the universe) has a serious chocolate problem. This recipe was my answer to her constant complaints for a chocolate dessert. I don't have a lot of extra time around here. Many times I don't get a chance to relax until well past dark so I don't have much extra time to make dessert. This is for all of you who don't have time to bake, don't have the confidence to bake, or just want a real easy chocolate cake that will have your friends begging for the recipe.

Chocolate Cake

3 c. all purpose flour
2 c. sugar
1/2 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
2 c. cold water
2/3 c. vegetable oil
2 tsp. white vinegar
1 tsp. vanilla extract

Heat oven to 350 degrees. In a big bowl, mix it all together until well combined.



(Seriously, so easy, it's ridiculous.) Pour it into a greased 9 x 13 baking dish.

Bake for 35 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.


You have several ways you can serve this:

warm with vanilla ice cream (my toes just curled)

warm with powdered sugar sprinkled on top

cold with powdered sugar

cold or warm by itself

straight from the fridge at 1 am with a fork in one hand and the pan in the other

Make this today and thank me tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment