Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Waffles

Although I do try to feed my kids a nutritious breakfast every day, sometimes you just HAVE to have some syrup. And boy, does syrup make the kids want to give ya hugs! This waffle recipe is one of two that I use. One is a recipe that has been handed down from my husband's great aunt. It's good, but it is more involved and complicated. Since moving to the farm, I only use it on special occassions when there is more time. The recipe I'm giving you is fast, easy, tastes great, and is economical. This is my go-to-recipe when the kids want waffles. It makes 12 waffles. You can double it if you want. I usually double or triple the recipe in a giant bowl, make all the waffles, cool them on a wire rack, and freeze them in bags for future use.

Waffles

2 eggs
2 c. all purpose flour
1 3/4 c. milk
1/2 c. vegetable oil
1 tbl. sugar
4 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract

Start with the eggs in a large bowl.

Oh, so pretty and the nutritious part of the breakfast. Beat the eggs with a hand mixer or whisk until fluffy. Throw the rest of the ingredients into the bowl. Beat them until just smooth. A few lumps won't hurt, though.
Spray your heated waffle iron with a little bit of nonstick spray (I like to use the butter flavored spray). Pour 1/3 c. of batter into each waffle compartment. *This 1/3 c. measurement is for a standard waffle maker. Please test your waffle maker to ensure that you don't come out with either batter running down the sides or a flat waffle with holes.* Cook the waffles until golden brown. If not putting immediately on a plate, cool the waffles on a wire rack so they don't become soggy.

No comments:

Post a Comment